• When you receive the invitation, respond as soon as possible.
• Let your host know if you have food restrictions, but do not indicate likes and dislikes unless you are asked.
• Your host will let you know what time to arrive; if there is some confusion, it is best to ask. In North America, arrive at the time specified, or within 15 minutes, but not earlier.
THE COCKTAIL PARTY Send invitations three weeks in advance for a cocktail party. The typical hours are 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm or 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. When cocktails precede a dinner party, the cocktail party is 45 minutes to 1 hour in length. Serve a wide range of drinks both with and…Read More
Here are some travel tips for packing and travelling. To Prepare Luggage: Avoid putting your home address on the bag; only put your name, destination, and flight number. On the inside of the suitcase attach your business card, in case the luggage goes astray. To Pack Luggage: Place heavier items near the bottom, and…Read More
Prevent travel trauma! With increased restrictions on travel for carry-on and checked luggage, proper packing has become more important than ever. Whether travelling is in your near or distant future, you’ll want to save these check lists and travel tips Before You Travel If travelling to a foreign area, learn something about the customs,…Read More
Often people are not aware of their behaviour and communication, and the impact it has on those around them. Here are five options for workplace civility. 1. Ignore the workplace incivility if: It’s only a problem because you perceive it that way. It’s not your business and it’s not hurting client relationships 2. …Read More
I am often approached by both corporations and the people working within them on how to handle incivilities in the workplace. This is a list I compiled on what many people experience. In the next blog I list options on what to do to improve workplace civility. Check to see if you are familiar with…Read More
• Let guests know what time to arrive, and at what time the meal will be served.
• Ask if there are food allergies or restrictions, but do not discuss the menu with guests.
• If your event is formal, invitations are in writing, and your guests will arrive 5 to 10 minutes before the appointed hour.
• Ensure that all guests are introduced.