The Gift Certificate as a Source of Revenue
While people are busy with holiday preparations, your clients being able to purchase a Gift Certificate from you can help keep up your revenue.
Here are three steps to develop a professional Gift Certificate.
- Contact information
- Location of service
- To: / From:
- Service being gifted
Let people know about your Gift Certificate through:
- Your newsletter (sent regularly)
- Your website
- Cross-promotion; a promotional postcard that you can leave with your strategic alliances – hairdresser, spa, boutiques, etc.
3. Prepare for Different Formats.
Here are 3 options for formats:
- Email: In this technological time, I find most people prefer a Gift Certificate in electronic format. Email the certificate to the purchaser in a PDF format.
- Print: If print is preferred, print it in colour on high quality card stock.
- Webstore: If you have a webstore, your clients can generate their own Gift Certificate.
Karen Brunger, BHEc, AICI CIP is President of International Image Institute and Past-President of the Association of Image Consultants International